Technological development in recent years has made the world around us an exciting place where distances and circumstances maintain few barriers to the journeys of enquiring minds. At Whitchurch Primary we value the enquiring minds of our school, striving to arm them with the confidence and skills to meet life’s challenges by embracing its benefits and using them to full advantage.
To this end, we envisage an environment where the use of digital technology is regarded as an integral part of our everyday practices and administration management. It aims to lead the school into new and innovative practices.
Our vision encompasses the following aims:
- To enable all our staff and pupils to be confident, competent, and independent users of ICT. We aim to use ICT where appropriate to motivate and inspire pupils and raise standards across the curriculum.
- To develop every pupil’s ICT skills, knowledge, understanding and capability through taught ICT lessons and to provide opportunities for pupils to apply and consolidate their ICT capability across all curriculum contexts.
- To provide an environment where access and use of ICT resources is natural, commonplace and enjoyable.
- To keep pace with educational developments in ICT and have a commitment to teachers having the necessary tools to do their jobs effectively.
- To allow staff to develop professionally by enhancing their teaching, management and administration skills.
- To promote effective learning and teaching and to use ICT to extend and develop communication skills.
The Office of Information Technology will provide the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate the College mission as it applies to the management, teaching, learning, and community service.
To meet this mission we will:
- Provide effective technology support for audio/visual, computer, multimedia, voice, video, and web based applications and services to all areas of the college.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the college through planning, programming, training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the College’s enterprise networks to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support instructional, administrative and research functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Provide capabilities including the ability to develop and manage the distribution (and marketing) through broadcast, narrowcast, broadband, software, the Web and other telecommunications technologies College programs, products and services both within and beyond the College district.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the institution through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology.
- Provide fast & reliable access to all information systems.